Exchange Server 2019 reached end of Mainstream Support on 9 January, 2024 which means that you wouldn’t normally expect any non-security updates to be released after that date. However, there are still two more Cumulative Updates planned – find out more from the Exchange Team here: https://bit.ly/3On7goF,
The Dynamics team do a great job of keeping their Licensing Guides up-to-date. Read on for the news about the changes and additions over the last few months.
- Removal of the 1-year licences for the Fraud Protection offerings
- The Field Service User SL now includes access to Dynamics 365 Guides and Remote Assist
- The Field Service Contractor User SL is added to page 16, and you can find out more on our blog: https://bit.ly/4biwD4L
- The Finance Premium User SL is added to pages 18 and 19, and you can find out more on our blog: https://bit.ly/4birM3Q
- The Operations Database capacity that is accrued for each individual Finance, Supply Chain Management, Commerce and Project Operations User SL is increased from 1.5 GB to 4 GB – see page 38
- There’s a new option to purchase Dataverse / Operations Additional Database Capacity in increments of 1 TB – see page 40
- Power Virtual Agents is replaced throughout by Copilot Studio, and you can find out more on our blog: https://bit.ly/3Uie6zq
There’s an updated (January 2024) Viva feature comparison table. If you struggle to keep up with all the different Viva components and what’s included in what, then this table is jolly useful.
Find it here: https://bit.ly/47S1wKz.
Microsoft add the newly available Dynamics 365 Field Service Contractor User SL to the January 2024 Product Terms. This $50 per user per month licence is designed to complement the existing $95 per user per month Field Service licence to manage third-party technicians. Note that you can’t buy the Contractor licence without having at least one of the regular Field Service licences.
This page is useful to see which features are included in which licence: https://bit.ly/3HB1XOM.
Microsoft add the newly available Dynamics 365 Finance Premium User SL to the January 2024 Product Terms. This $300 per user per month licence equips users with tools to build advanced financial plans, budgets, analytics, and insights, and includes all the functionality available in the existing $180 per user per month Finance User SL. From a purchasing perspective it’s available through the EA/MPSA/CSP and EES agreements and there’s a minimum purchase requirement of 20 licences which can be combined across Finance and Finance Premium. This new licence also includes 200 electronic invoice and invoice capture transactions per tenant per month, as well as 50,000 AI Builder credits.