Microsoft have made a number of changes to assist in the assignment of Power Apps licences to users that need them.
In April 2023 users were able to request a licence when they needed it (https://bit.ly/43cMw87), in May 2023 a maker was able to request a licence for users of their app (https://bit.ly/49dHATh), and in September 2023 an IT admin could set up an auto-claim policy that automatically assigns available licences to users as they need them (https://bit.ly/48UUeqH).
The latest innovation (November 2023) is that auto-claim policies are automatically created for a managed environment.
You can find the announcement article here: https://bit.ly/47UpXHp, and find out more about auto-claim policies here: https://bit.ly/3SjVdK3.
The Dynamics team do a great job of keeping their Licensing Guides up-to-date. Read on for the news about the changes and additions over the last few months.
- Removal of the 1-year licences for the Fraud Protection offerings
- The Field Service User SL now includes access to Dynamics 365 Guides and Remote Assist
- The Field Service Contractor User SL is added to page 16, and you can find out more on our blog: https://bit.ly/4biwD4L
- The Finance Premium User SL is added to pages 18 and 19, and you can find out more on our blog: https://bit.ly/4birM3Q
- The Operations Database capacity that is accrued for each individual Finance, Supply Chain Management, Commerce and Project Operations User SL is increased from 1.5 GB to 4 GB – see page 38
- There’s a new option to purchase Dataverse / Operations Additional Database Capacity in increments of 1 TB – see page 40
- Power Virtual Agents is replaced throughout by Copilot Studio, and you can find out more on our blog: https://bit.ly/3Uie6zq
Clipchamp is a tool to help users to create professional-looking videos, and Microsoft announced in November 2023 that it’s now available to users with Microsoft 365 E3/E5 or Microsoft 365 Business Standard/Premium licences. In addition, there’s a new Premium Add-on licence for these users to get access to some additional features such as premium stock content. This licence will cost $7 per user per month after June 30, 2024 but there’s some introductory pricing at $5 per user per month until then. For users not eligible for included Clipchamp rights there’s a new Standard standalone licence at £3 per user per month, or a Premium standalone licence currently costing $7 which rises to $10 per user per month in July 2024.
Find the announcement here: https://bit.ly/3Om2DeC.
Microsoft extended the range of Software Subscriptions in CSP by adding System Center in November 2023. Both Standard and Datacenter Core licences are available in 2-packs for terms of either 1 or 3 years. In addition, the requirement for a customer to have a minimum of 16 System Center Core licences before they can choose to license by virtual machine is removed.
Find the Product Terms entry here: https://bit.ly/48MjxLu.
Microsoft announced Copilot Studio in November 2023, a conversational AI platform for users to create bots (copilots) using natural language or a graphical interface. It’s built on Power Virtual Agents, and to that end, the Power Virtual Agents brand is retired in favour of Copilot Studio. It’s licensed with a tenant capacity licence costing $200 per month allowing 25,000 messages and, as with Power Virtual Agents, a zero-cost Per User licence is required for every user who will create copilots.
Find the announcement here: https://bit.ly/3SCDiQd, and Microsoft’s Copilot Studio licensing page here: https://bit.ly/3SAEjbi.