Microsoft announce that Microsoft Defender for Endpoint will be renamed Microsoft Defender for Endpoint Plan 2 with a subset of functionality being made available as a Plan 1. The new Plan 1 will be available later in 2021 as a standalone licence, and the capabilities will also be added to Microsoft 365 E3/A3 licences.
Find the full announcement with more details here: https://bit.ly/3DCezSs.
Microsoft announce that they are consolidating their threat protection products under the Microsoft Defender brand, delivering two experiences: Microsoft 365 Defender for end-user environments, and Azure Defender for cloud and hybrid infrastructures.
Microsoft 365 Defender prevents, detects and responds to threats across identities, endpoints, cloud apps, email and documents in end-user environments, and consists of the following rebranded products:
- Microsoft 365 Defender (previously Microsoft Threat Protection)
- Microsoft Defender for Endpoint (previously Microsoft Defender Advanced Threat Protection)
- Microsoft Defender for Office 365 (previously Office 365 Advanced Threat Protection)
- Microsoft Defender for Identity (previously Azure Advanced Threat Protection)
Azure Defender delivers capabilities to protect multi-cloud and hybrid workloads including virtual machines, databases, containers and IoT, and is an evolution of the Azure Security Center threat protection capabilities, consisting of:
- Azure Defender for Servers (previously Azure Security Center Standard Edition)
- Azure Defender for IoT (previously Azure Security Center for IoT)
- Azure Defender for SQL (previously Advanced Threat Protection for SQL)
To find out more, you can read the announcement here: https://bit.ly/347MhOO or watch a video here: https://bit.ly/36fquXY.