This session is aimed at anyone who needs to understand how to transition from the processor-based licensing models of Windows Server 2012 R2 and earlier versions to the core-based licensing model of Windows Server 2016. We will consider the licensing changes and the possible price changes and then look at the processes involved in successfully transitioning licence grants at Software Assurance renewal.
Duration: 90 mins
Copyright Licensing School 2016
- Changes in Windows Server 2016 licensing
- Processor-based v core Licensing
- Licensing for virtualisation
- Pricing implications
- Moving from processor to core-based licensing
- Differences between the various Volume Licensing agreements
- Standard grants
- Non-standard grants
- Requirements and tips for performing self-inventory
- Understanding relevant product use rights
- Useful resources
- Special offers
- An excellent knowledge of the topics covered in the Licensing Windows Server 2016 Introduction course.
All attendees receive:
- A downloadable Course Workbook to complete during the training session
- 2 weeks’ unlimited email support on questions relating to the topics covered
- An online test is available for attendees to check their knowledge after the training, with successful candidates receiving a certificate of competence
If there are no upcoming dates for this course which are suitable for you, please complete the form to register your interest. We will be in touch when a course is next available in your area.